Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betdaq/Betting Exchange Interview Question

Options
  • 12-07-2013 7:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭

Hi guys

Have an interview for Betdaq for a customer service position. Just wondering if anyone could give me information on them, any interview tips or comparisons between Betdaq and other betting exchanges.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The liquidity has been terrible over the last few years and I have stopped using them because of this, even with a lower commission rate.
    They have been recently taken over by Ladbrokes so maybe this will change going forward.

I know someone who started a job doing the exact same last year, he didn't like it and left, he said it's a hard job to do, a lot of shift work and a lot of pressure.
    He liked betting and sports but decided it wasn't for him.
    It isn't for the faint hearted!
    If it the exact same job as he did, you have to have excellent communication skills, be strongly motivated and have a high attention to detail and ability to work as a team player.
    Knowledge of the betting exchange industry wasn't a major requirement for him but it would be very handy to have.

Read all you can about the company online, make sure you are up to date with sports events and betting trends.

Good luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 297 ✭✭Clemenza

okidoki987 wrote: »
    The liquidity has been terrible over the last few years and I have stopped using them because of this, even with a lower commission rate.
    They have been recently taken over by Ladbrokes so maybe this will change going forward.

I know someone who started a job doing the exact same last year, he didn't like it and left, he said it's a hard job to do, a lot of shift work and a lot of pressure.
    He liked betting and sports but decided it wasn't for him.
    It isn't for the faint hearted!
    If it the exact same job as he did, you have to have excellent communication skills, be strongly motivated and have a high attention to detail and ability to work as a team player.
    Knowledge of the betting exchange industry wasn't a major requirement for him but it would be very handy to have.

Read all you can about the company online, make sure you are up to date with sports events and betting trends.

Good luck with it.

Thanks a lot mate, some food for thought there, very much appreciated !

Advertisement