Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find information about politicians?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere on the internet where I can find:
    1. A list of TDs who currently hold seats in the Dáil, alongside the constituencies they represent, and
    2. Detailed relevant information of TDs both past and present.
    The reason for this is I will be a first time voter in next year's GE, and my knowledge of local candidates is rather lacking. I could probably find the list easily enough, but apart from scouring through news archives I can't think of any source with the nessacery information to build profiles of candidates.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

You can get a full list of TDs and Senators on the Oireachtas website

http://www.oireachtas.ie/parliament/tdssenators/tds/

however it mightn't go into the detail you want. You'd probably have to go to the relevant party/candidate website for further individual information.

The elections scheduled for 2014 are Local Elections, for your county or city Councillors, and not for the Dáil. You'll find details of your local Councillors on your local Council's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭TheBegotten

Oh...not sure why, but I was under the impression that the last General election was held in 2009, not 2011. Thanks for the list though!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Oh...not sure why, but I was under the impression that the last General election was held in 2009, not 2011. Thanks for the list though!

If there was an election next year it'd be rather noticeable in the Dáil.

Advertisement