Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC audio through headphones a bit too low. Any help?

Options
  • 12-07-2013 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I've had this issue since I built my PC. When I'm using the headphone jack on the front of my PC, the audio is a little bit too low for my liking. Is there anyway to adjust this or is it a case of the quality of the part is not up to play?
    If that is the case, is there anything I can get that perhaps will allow me to use my headphones with the audio ports on the back. Sort of like the bose thing they have in their shop.
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    I've had this issue since I built my PC. When I'm using the headphone jack on the front of my PC, the audio is a little bit too low for my liking. Is there anyway to adjust this or is it a case of the quality of the part is not up to play?
    If that is the case, is there anything I can get that perhaps will allow me to use my headphones with the audio ports on the back. Sort of like the bose thing they have in their shop.
    Cheers

The Front panel jacks can be a bit ****. back ones are a lot better. You can get an lead extender and plug it into the Green jack

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

NTMK wrote: »
    The Front panel jacks can be a bit ****. back ones are a lot better. You can get an lead extender and plug it into the Green jack

Yeah that sounds like a better idea. I had one lying around the house until I broke it up to use it for a project. I'll probably be able to pick one up cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,964 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Get a sound card would be another suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Headshot wrote: »
    Get a sound card would be another suggestion

Either way I'm going to need an extension cable right? Sound card ports are at the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,964 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Either way I'm going to need an extension cable right? Sound card ports are at the back?

unless you get a sound card for the bay

something like this
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/CREATIVE-Blaster-Recon3D-Fatal1ty-Champion/dp/B005IHNS5O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1373637402&sr=8-2&keywords=sound+card+bay

• Advertisement
Advertisement