Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nerd alert @ the cottage bar, every monday, sf4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I believe it needs to be mentioned to any new-comers who are thinking about showing up that YES, the barmaid is indeed a looker!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭jimmypenguin

if she gives you 2 stamps on your loyalty card.. you know what time it is..
    thats right.. LOY AL TEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Feel free to put up a thread each week if you're bothered doing it I'd say! Boards shows up fairly high on google results so if someone searches "street fighter tournament galway" or whatever it's quite likely your current thread would show up.

so theyll find this and realise we do it every week yeah..

or has to be recent posts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I dunno if newer results are ranked higher or whatever, but if a few months down the line someone searches for it and finds a thread for that week or the last week from when they searched they'll definitely know it's on, whereas if they see a thread from months ago with no new posts in it, they might think it's not on anymore or whatever. Up to you anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭liamnojo92

Will hopefully be able to come if not working, it's going to be nice not having to travel 3hours to play some sf.

nice one

I'm a regular round this neck of the boardsie woods, so I can pop up a thread about it each week, if you like.

• Advertisement

of course feel free..
    but basically the thing to remember\\its EVERY monday...
    catch ye soon

Do you guys have enough setups I've a lagless monitor and a console I can bring if necessary.

They seem to just run off the house monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

of course feel free..
    but basically the thing to remember\\its EVERY monday...
    catch ye soon

What kind of numbers do you get to this every week?

ggs to everyone there, was great craic shame I had to leave so early couldn't even finish my pint D:

a quiet nite we get 10 or 12 in the comp..
    and on a busy night there has been up to 25 competitors..

and theres usually about 10 people just there to watch and have the craic..

@ liam
    everyone was disappointed you had to leave..
    everyone was still hyped from evo, was one of the best comps weve had so far..
    everyone on the edge of there seat for the final..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Hey Jimmy, would you ever think about having a weekend event?

It'd be a lot easier to get us Dubs down if you did.

we will be a having an event on a sunday at somestage before the summer is out.. an all day event..
    casuals for a few hours,,.. then a tourney..

there will also be djs and a bbq in the smoking area..
    its gonna be mega fun..

by the way.. we have a sudden death one round random sitiuation that can come up if your not lucky..

• Advertisement

the bar we are dealing with are extremely accomadating because we are using it on the monday nights.. and they tend to be busy other night.. saying that its not imposible that there will be future events in differant venues taking place on weekends.. stay tuned for further vague details..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

the bar we are dealing with are extremely accomadating because we are using it on the monday nights.. and they tend to be busy other night.. saying that its not imposible that there will be future events in differant venues taking place on weekends.. stay tuned for further vague details..

Of course, that makes perfect sense :) Just I would like to attend sometime- my gf is a galwegian so I am often down- it's just that I would have to take 2 days off work to attend a tournament on Monday... and that sucks a little :)

That being said, you need to look after your community and do what's best for them. Monday nights is working so why not do it then?

also theres buses back to dubland after the tournament for ten euros if that helps anyone.. i realise mondays can be awkward for others but like you said.. its working for us as is for now..

we will of course try and be as accommodating to everyone as much as we can..

Advertisement