Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

declined? [for Credit Union loan]

Options
  • 11-07-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi,

Hoping to get loan with Credit Union of 30,000, if my only guarantour is in debt, (maybe 15,000) will it go against my application? Even though guarantour owns huge house. They want a set of her Accounts from last year. Please advise...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The house will not be collateral though? As in the loan will not be secured on the house.

The guarantors cash flow would decide if they can guarantee the loan, not their capital assets.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭badgerbroc11

rainbows7 wrote: »
    Hi,

Hoping to get loan with Credit Union of 30,000, if my only guarantour is in debt, (maybe 15,000) will it go against my application? Even though guarantour owns huge house. They want a set of her Accounts from last year. Please advise...

Thanks to new consumer protection insurance aimed at protecting you, the borrower, the CU is legally required to establish that both you and your guarantor have the ability to repay. This would also include performing credit checks on both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭user37

Interested to know how you got on as i am in a similar position myself ?

Did u need a guarantour to go with you for the loan as i was hoping i could go on my own??

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭hades

Some credit unions have a maximum loan they can give out, this can range from €10k to €20k. These stipulations are on the credit unions that got into trouble a few years back.

There's also a big dependence on how much savings you have in the credit union aswell. I'd imagine for a €30k loan, you'd need €4k to €6k in savings.

Advertisement