Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a teaching job

Options
  • 11-07-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

Just need some advice on getting a job teaching in Ireland. I've been teaching in England for 5 years. My subjects are junior science, physics, biology and ag science.
    I've signed up to educationposts.ie and educationcareers.ie but starting to get really worried about how few jobs are appearing. I'm happy to commute up to and around a 1 hour radius from Galway city.
    Any tips on getting a job would be useful. Is it ok to send your CV to schools regarding substitute work or does that qualify as canvassing?
    All of my teaching career has been in England so I don't really have any links to schools here apart from my teaching practice schools but I live no where near them. Please help!!:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

July isn't the best month usually as schools may be closed. More jobs might come up in August. I've been watching educationposts for about 4 years now. There's a fair whack of jobs up there now in comparison with other years. There are more jobs in Dublin. I find the more flexible you are with where you live the more jobs you'll find.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DeeDee89

Yes there seems to be very few jobs even for Science and Maths- Would you consider going to other countries apart from England???? Check out KS Education- they have jobs not only in England but also in the UAE and Malaysia!! Good Luck :):)

Advertisement