Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blistering insect bite?

Options
  • 11-07-2013 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

My brothers wife woke up at 2am last Friday with severe pain on her ankle. The next day it was quite red and began to get worse.

She was not really able to walk on the affected foot. The redness spread up near her knee and the affected area bubbled.

The redness has mostly gone from her leg but now there is a large blister and appears to be trapped blood.

I have attached a picture but I do warn you all that its not a pretty sight.

My brother said he killed two things that he thought looked like mosquitos. They live in a basement apartment in Dublin city centre and have not been anywhere hiking or anywhere the usual midges and bugs can be expected.

The doctor gave her some medication which I think are antihistamine. They have since been to St Vincents hospital and been given a stronger dosage. They are not happy with how it is looking each day so they now wish to see a consultant.

He is already seeking medical advised but im curious if anybody here could advise if they ever seen this kind of reaction before from an insect bite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

We don't give medical advice on this board.

Please read the charter before you post on this forum.

Image removed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement