Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kovalchuk retires from NHL

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

My jaw fell open yesterday when I read that. I was gobsmacked that he does this the week after UFA begins and the Devils lost out on Clarkson.

The Devils gave up the #29 pick overall in the 2012 draft. It made the most sense after their run to the Finals. This is incredibly fortunate for them at this point. I would fully expect the Devils to be a Lottery Team at the end of the 2014 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

They actually didn't, they should of and I'm pretty sure everyone thought they would.

They drafted Stefan Matteau with that pick remember it well as they were all talking of how he was the son of the guy who scored in the finals for the Rangers against them and the call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ziarOEosIc

alanmcl12 wrote: »
    They actually didn't, they should of and I'm pretty sure everyone thought they would.

They drafted Stefan Matteau with that pick remember it well as they were all talking of how he was the son of the guy who scored in the finals for the Rangers against them and the call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ziarOEosIc

My mistake. I thought that I had read that they had passed in that draft. They are really going to feel the brunt of that penalty now. I see New Jersey as a possible lottery team this season.

I remember Stefan all too well. We (the Blackhawks) traded him, along with Brian Noonan for Tony Amonte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Shock and a half this one. Much as I don't like the Devils, I quite liked him. He is/was a top 10 player who doesn't mind getting stuck in and standing up for his team mates when it's necessary. I was wondering how long it will be before Marty retires; Kovalchuk never entered my thoughts. Parise and Kovalchuk; that is some amount of attacking talent to lose in a short space of time.

Anyone else think that Jagr will go there now to finish out his playing days?

COYW wrote: »

Anyone else think that Jagr will go there now to finish out his playing days?

Already there.

Let's hope he scores more goals in New Jersey than he did in the 22 playoff games this past postseason.

• Advertisement
Advertisement