Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFAS re-introduces its monthly Astrophotography Competition

Options
  • 11-07-2013 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The Irish Federation of Astronomic Societies (IFAS) has re-introduced its monthly Astrophotography Competition, open to registered members on the IFAS website. There is a great prize on offer, and best of all, it's all free!

Check out www.irishastronomy.org and look for the IFAS Astrophotography Competition forum.

Seanie.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Been attempting to access the site but keep getting this error:

ifassite_zpsbe7a1187.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Site is back since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Yep, up and running now. The IFAS website will be down for a time this weekend for much needed server migration/upgrade.

Seanie.

Seanie M wrote: »
    Yep, up and running now. The IFAS website will be down for a time this weekend for much needed server migration/upgrade.

Seanie.

Ahhh Site is down again and I cant send my submission!! Last day of course... Does anyone has the rules/instructions to submit by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

ZeRoY wrote: »
    Ahhh Site is down again and I cant send my submission!! Last day of course... Does anyone has the rules/instructions to submit by any chance?

PM a link to the photo to SeanieM. He is running the comp on irishastronomy.org and I'm sure in the circumstances he'll be happy to accept an entry that way. Be sure to include your IFAS login.

Michael.

• Advertisement

PM a link to the photo to SeanieM. He is running the comp on irishastronomy.org and I'm sure in the circumstances he'll be happy to accept an entry that way. Be sure to include your IFAS login.

Michael.

I had done exactly that :D - thanks,

Got your PM Yohan, thanks! IFAS was moved during last weekend to a new server, so there have been a few glitches since then. Everything is working as it should be now.

Seanie.

The entries are in and the voting is open for July! Also check out August's target and competition rules:

www.irishastronomy.org and follow the links.

Please note, only registered users are allowed to cast a vote AND enter the competition. It's free to join the IFAS website and only takes a minute.

Seanie.

In regards to the new server, I don't mean to be funny but its dragging its heels badly... extremely slow.

In regards to the new server, I don't mean to be funny but its dragging its heels badly... extremely slow.

I noticed too but wondered was it my ISP, as lots of sites I am visiting today have been dragging their heels...

• Advertisement

Seanie M wrote: »
    I noticed too but wondered was it my ISP, as lots of sites I am visiting today have been dragging their heels...

Seems good now, might have been routing somewhere... :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Slowed down to a crawl again :mad:

All the glitches appears to have been fixed this past month.

The IFAS Astrophotography Competition continues, with a GREAT prize offered each month too! See www.irishastronomy.org and follow the (forum) links for more details.

October's theme? Widefield: Constellations of the Night Sky

Please note: Entry is open to EVERYONE, however the only stipulation is that you are a registered member of the the IFAS boards for your troubles.

Have fun!

Clear Skies,

Seanie.

Advertisement