Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This USMC scout sniper story is a load of codology right?

Options
  • 11-07-2013 3:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=790888
    NEVER put a gun barrel in your mouth, UNLESS......
    ...... you need to use the M4 upper receiver as a snorkel!!!!

My son did just that in Afghanistan. I was told this story by an Air Force PJ that witnessed the episode; later confirmed by my son himself.

Scenario: USMC Scout/Sniper (my son) and his spotter are beating feet from an overwhelming force of Taliban; they're looking for, and having trouble finding, good cover. They end up in a river; my son breaks down his M4 and sticks the barrel in his mouth and uses the upper as a snorkel!!!

When the PJ's got there to extract them, they were still in the water. The Marines had to latch on to the landing skids, then the helicopter picked them up and took them to a safe spot to land, just so they could get off the skids and into the chopper! My son is very afraid of heights, and he said hanging underneath that chopper was one of the most terrifying events in his entire life in combat!

Comments

Advertisement