Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluebottles Help!

Options
  • 10-07-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Today I murdered at least 4 of these corpse eaters and missed several more who escaped through the open windows, this is at a workplace with no food to attract them. I hate the buzz they make and can't concentrate on any work once I hear them. Apart from my present unsatisfactory extermination method, any suggestions to keep them out? apart from closing windows and doors and fitting fly screens!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Another thread on how to discourage wildlife - on a nature forum. ;)

Most flies do not like a variable airflow, so a fan in the room will often deter them

Blue bottles suggest a dead rat or suchlike nearby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Have a bit of a Bluebottle thing going on here myself! I think I know the source and it's deep within a large shrub (possibly ceonothus though not sure) where there are always birds in and out and possibly nesting.

Blue bottles suggest a dead rat or suchlike nearby

if birds nesting nearby then possibly baby bird corspes in there somewhere? Have to say it's the same here every summer:confused: There'll be 5 or 6 in the house within a minute of opening the door. I don't kill them.. just flap around a lot til I get them out:o The dog isnt so charitable however.

The whole front yard is pretty wild.. will (hopefully) be tamed a bit in autumn so I might be able to see/remove the source then (though the shrub stays). I was just thinking today that I should rig up some net curtain type of thing so I can keep the door open for a while! I cant think of anything else to do!

I know I havent added to the thread :rolleyes: but despite being one who would encourage wildlife I really dont like lots of bluebottles in the house/
    The fan suggestion is a good one.

Advertisement