Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feral cat had kittens - but spends day around the house

Options
  • 10-07-2013 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

We have a certain feral cat who spends most of her time around our house along with our own cats. She must have had her kittens a few days or a week ago, as she hasn't been around the house much. But the last day or two she has been nearly her usual self just hanging around our garden, and I'm just wondering if this would be a sign that the kittens are likely dead. Our own cats are all related, and had three litters between them last summer, and most kittens were fine as they were born in a hutch, but this cat must have had her kittens away from our house or possibly in the hedge around it to be away from the other cats. Surely she should spend all day with the kittens and only leave for food? So I'm thinking they likely didn't survive... I'll leave her for a while but we should bring her to the DSPCA as soon as possible to be neutered and released back at ours, only I wouldn't want to do it if she was actually looking after kittens.
    Tagged:

Advertisement