Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are 123.ie any good?

Options
  • 10-07-2013 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hello,

I just got my renewal quote from Liberty - under the EU Gender Directive, it has increased. I've been shopping around . So far, 123.ie have given the best quote.

For fully comp they are offering :

Comprehensive Extra:

Excess €300
    Fire & Theft Cover
    Legal Liability
    Accidental Damage
    Driving Of Other Cars
    Breakdown Assist
    Step-back No Claims Bonus Discount Protection
    Windscreen Damage
    Emergency Overnight Accommodation
    Personal Accident
    Medical Expenses

Is there anything missing or does this look like a good deal? Are they a good company to deal with or the Ryanair of insurance?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

The Ryanair of insurance.

They don't even mail you reminders of insurance renewal, they send you an e-mail. I saw the e-mail late and was one day out and they refused to honour the quote, it had to be a new policy which was a hundred quid more expensive.

Ive had to in the past write letter of complaint to them to stop cold calling me constantly about home insurance, I expressed an interest in talking about a possible renewal with them that turned into a freaky case of being stalked by the sales rep. Literally took a threat to get my solicitor involved for them to leave me the fcuk alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

To be fair there are no days grace on motor insurance. So once it passed the date the policy should be lapsed.

Read their terms of business OP. Their policy is fine. They are effectively RSA Insurance. But they will charge for every duplicate item they have to send you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I was told they were very very slow to pay out if you are claiming.

I would imagine most of them are too, I've never claimed so I cant say tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

try FBD...
    i had call with few brokers for car insurance quote.. and all of them wanted to rip me off (800+)...

went to fbd and they gave me full comp for €660

• Registered Users Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭Corvo

Loads of hidden charges. Duplicate items, insurance transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Agree with above. I got renewal notice and separate email from them with attached No Claims cert. As they all came from different email addresses, no claims cert went to my junk and was deleted in 30 days so never saw it.
    When I rang to get my No Claims cert sent to me, they said it was €20 charge to reissue. Yes, maybe my own fault for not checking junk mail but wasn't aware that they automaticially emailed it a month from policy ending.
    The guy I spoke to on the phone told me to get in touch with Hotmail to see if they'd recover it for me, but no way would they resend it for free. (By email or post, I didn't mind). I've never had such a frustrating phone call.
    Anyway, I rang back two days later and got a girl this time on the phone who sent me the cert no questions asked. Good result but I was happy to leave them.

So my advice, if you go with them, is be careful with documentation and try not to have an accident. Dread to think how it would be dealt with.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Policy with RSA through them is up for renewal, got an email to say its going to be €750 odd (up from €420 I paid last year).

Looked on their site and can get it for €425?!l!

Not even going to bother calling them, did some research online earlier and a got a quote for €285 (through Tesco of all places and the insurance is with...RSA).

Advertisement