Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website rebuild advice

Options
  • 10-07-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm very new to this so I'm hoping you can help me out with a few things. I'm trying to help with a website for one of my clients. They built it themselves with one of those free easy build sites hosted by angelfire.

The site itself is fine, but I'm trying to increase it's functionality. Ideally, what I would like to do is create a login section where I can upload and host multiple mp3 files so that people can login and download the files.

What's the easiest way to go about this~? Can it be added to the existing site or am I better off moving the site to a different paid host?

I would really appreciate any help you can give, I'm a bit out of my depth!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ethan.Saaris

Maybe you shouldn't do this if you're new.

Try using a paid host, and recreate the design from scratch. Try using an open-source CMS, like WordPress. It does wonders in the right hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Maybe you shouldn't do this if you're new.

Try using a paid host, and recreate the design from scratch. Try using an open-source CMS, like WordPress. It does wonders in the right hands.

Hi, thanks for that. I wasn't very clear in the original post, I won't be attempting it myself. I'm first off wondering if a facility exists within a free website like the angelfire one, or if not what would be the cheapest way to achieve the above setup?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Ethan.Saaris

Not sure about Angelfire, I used it a long while ago. You might be able to create a login section with upload capability.

If not, the cheapest way would be a free yoursite.wordpress.com address with included login section and upload capabilities.

Advertisement