Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bell X1 - Chop Chop

Options
  • 09-07-2013 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭

Really liking the new album, lot more mellower overall than previous albums but the theme is hugely listenable throughout the album.

Besides the previous songs already heard (Starlings Over Brighton Pier, The End is Nigh and Careful What You Wish For) 'Feint Praise' is a beautiful track, a slowly building, almost motown groove to it. Hard to pick a bad song on the album really, usually Geraghty's solo one has a habit of changing pace too much, but on this 'Diorama' is an excellent track.

They have their critics, and I think a lot of that comes from people only hearing the singles, but they've consistently produced very good albums. Some I like more than others but none I'd say was a poor album.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Really like Starlings..., no doubt that Radioheads King of Limbs is a big influence on that particular track.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This is superb.

Has the cd got lyrics book with it?

Advertisement