Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Tech and Production in LIT

Options
  • 09-07-2013 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I'm gonna be starting my first year of "Music Technology and Production" in LIT this Sept. Anyone else starting that in sept?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Howdy,

You also could try the Limerick IT part of Boards.ie.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=615

Enjoy the course! Make sure you put as much of yourself into it as you can, especially if there is a radio society. It is more down to you to get the work done though, if you get a few great teachers you will love putting the effort in even more and they will help you whenever you ask.

Good luck =)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jeuneespoire

Thanks, didn't think of that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

There are some sharp cookies on the staff there - make sure to keep your pencils sharpened.

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    There are some sharp cookies on the staff there - make sure to keep your pencils sharpened.

Will do! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭mkegvn

PaulBrewer wrote: »

He speaks the truth. Some lovely people teaching there.

It's a bit difficult to see the point of some of the modules in first year, lots of electronics physics, but it'll all make sense towards the end of the year, so stick with it. I'm just finished, and I loved it. Enjoy!

• Advertisement

mkegvn wrote: »
    He speaks the truth. Some lovely people teaching there.

It's a bit difficult to see the point of some of the modules in first year, lots of electronics physics, but it'll all make sense towards the end of the year, so stick with it. I'm just finished, and I loved it. Enjoy!

Thanks ;) sounds like interesting stuff. I'm very interested in how sound works so should be good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I think the technical stuff is a prerequisite of a rounded 'modern' engineer.

In ye olden days there were recording (or 'balancing' ) engineers and techy ones . Neither really had to understand what the other did.
    However, everything got done - right !

Those requirements to do things 'right' (with the acknowledged option to do things 'wrong' for artistic reason ) are still there but if you, as an recording engineer, don't know them you can be sure no one else in the room will.

Dig the Techy Trench Deep - there's gold in it.

Advertisement