Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free chipped bark @Mungret recycling centre?

Options
  • 09-07-2013 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Boardsies!
    My brother told me last weekend that you could get chipped/mulched bark for free from the Mungret recycling centre.
    Now he is prone to exaggeration sometimes and I'm just wondering if anyone here knows what the actual score is?
    Can this be gotten free from there?
    Whats the story with it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

Yes it is free,go with a trailer and a few shovels and fill it, you can take as many loads as you like, if the container is empty just ask them to fill it if they have some mulched. just tell them at the gate your getting some mulch and your free in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thats brilliant!
    I'll be paying a visit with a bootload of garden sacks at some stage then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

anyone know if they still give out the free chipped/mulched bark at Mungret recycling centre?

Is it good quality stuff or is there a risk it could be riddled with weeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭sonyair

it will generally always be there even more so during summer when they are trying to get rid of it. It can be hit and miss really with quality, sometimes it can be very good and other times no so. Also I have heard that they have had very good quality soil. Go and have a look it might be out fresh and your not limited on how much you can take

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Bark is terrible and stones are way nicer for the garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

I heard they started to charge for the mulch and bark out there a few weeks back? can anyone whos been there in the past 2 to 3 weeks confirm or deny this??

I know it used to be free but I heard recently this is no longer the case.

Advertisement