Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Oil Leak & Intermittent Oil Light

Options
  • 09-07-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi all,

I have a 03 Opel Corsa with about 85,000 miles on the clock. Recently when driving for about an hour (mostly motorway), the oil light came on and was flickering. When I restarted the car it went off again but then intermittently came on.

I pulled into a garage and slowly poured a litre of oil into the car. When I restarted the light was gone and seemed fine, drove for another 20 mins and car was fine (no light). It was idle then for a few hours. When driving again that evening, I noticed the oil light came on any time I braked, stopping at lights etc. Once I accelerated it went off again.

Now 2 days later, the oil light has not come on since but I am noticing some very small grease stains in my car space.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

I'm planning on changing the car in the next month or two so I don't want to get any unnecessary work done - just want to know if it's still OK to drive or should I get it looked at?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Have you checked the Dip stick to see how much oil is currently in your car?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Deeandra

Nemeses wrote: »
    Have you checked the Dip stick to see how much oil is currently in your car?

Yes, checked the oil level after adding the oil and it's fine, if not a little too high but don't think it was overfilled.

Checked it again yesterday and the level hasn't changed.

Thanks.

Advertisement