Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Music Producers in Ireland

Options
  • 09-07-2013 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Who are the best all round music producers in Ireland? I know you might say it depends entirely on style/what you're looking for. I'm talking about all round music producers who combine great musicianship, versatility, engineering skills etc. Someone who can take a raw song and maximise its potential.

Just looking for people to throw out some names. Thanks

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭fitz

It really DOES depend on the style, and the overall project.
    If you want a producer, in the sense of someone to actually produce, not just engineer....someone who'll be involved in creative decisions, you've got to trust them, and be confident that they're on the same page.

What are trying to get done?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

That's a bit like asking ' Who makes the best cup of tea in Ireland '

Ask a less general question to get more answers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

I'd say Bruce Dickinson is the best producer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Phil Coulter.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭splitrmx

Kevin Shields, although he doesn't live in Ireland anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

studiorat wrote: »
    Phil Coulter.

Cool Philter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Cool Philter?

Filthy Lucre!

Not my bag musically but the man can turn around an album start to finish, orchestral arrangements, session/guest musicians, mixed and ready to roll in 3 weeks. And sell a bunch of the things afterwards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

Nobody listens to that ghastly stuff - Philthy doesn't even have the 'ironic' following.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭if6was9

From your post "great musicianship, versatility, engineering skills etc". I wouldn't consider great musicianship to be anything to really do with producing. Many famous producers don't play any instrument but know what a song needs. I'd expect great musicianship from the musicians, not the producer!
    One of the most valuable skills a producer would need is people skills. Getting the most out of people and being able to manage them in a way that coaxes the best performance out of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I'm renowned for my people skills ...

I give it to you straight - if you don't like it you can ....

Advertisement