Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows command prompt

Options
  • 08-07-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

My windows laptop command prompt wont work atall it wont except any command it hust says dose not recognise as internal external bladdi bla I was trying loads of commands that i looked up on google, could be a silly thing im missing but im not too familiar with the command line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Give an example of one that failed. i.e. the exact characters you typed.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

I tried ip config. To check my ip address cause i was trying to experiement changing it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

I tried ip config. To check my ip address cause i was trying to experiement changing it

You should type it in as one word, with no spaces :

ipconfig
    C:\Windows>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
    Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

If that or other commands fail, take a screenshot of it and upload it, it will help people to get you on the right track

http://getgreenshot.org/ <
    makes it easy to do screenshots

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

thank you but mine is different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Do any commands work? DIR, ROBOCOPY, MKDIR etc...

Type "echo" and see if "C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32;" is in your path. If they aren't, add them.

Computer --> System Properties --> Advanced System Settings --> Advanced tab --> Environment variables button --> System environment variables.

Make sure to end each entry in your path with a semicolon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

You might be better off posting here, in the Windows forum.

Advertisement