Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone else on here buy ALDI milk?

Options
  • 08-07-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else buy the Clonbawn 2litre bottle of low fat milk from ALDI? - Ive tried 2 bottles of this and it does not taste to me like low fat milk, to me it tastes like full fat milk and has a creamy aftertaste! - I dont like it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dingoberry

Low fat milk that tastes creamy?

First word problems!

Edit - gaah! Stupid typo!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dingoberry wrote: »
    First word problems!
    Sweet irony..

OT: Have tried that milk.. I do agree it does taste a bit creamier than other low-fat milks.

Basq wrote: »
    Sweet irony..

OT: Have tried that milk.. I do agree it does taste a bit creamier than other low-fat milks.

Fair cop. I'll get my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some of them put proteins or other stuff in the milk to thicken it up and make it taste less watery. I remember skim milk in the 80's being very watery. Should be listed in the ingredients.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

rubadub wrote: »
    Some of them put proteins or other stuff in the milk to thicken it up and make it taste less watery. I remember skim milk in the 80's being very watery. Should be listed in the ingredients.

ok just looked in the ingredients on front but it means nothing much to me: cals 122, sugar 12.5g, fat 4.3g, salts 2.5g in a 250ml serving and on the side it says protein 3.4g per 100ml ...

• Advertisement

ok just looked in the ingredients on front but it means nothing much to me: cals 122, sugar 12.5g, fat 4.3g, salts 2.5g in a 250ml serving and on the side it says protein 3.4g per 100ml ...

That amount of fat is about right for low fat milk, but I'd be concerned at that salt content, that seems very high.

Advertisement