Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does this make sense

Options
  • 08-07-2013 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

was going to post this in another tread but i started ranting and got off topic so will post in new one instead.......

Lads lads. I think i have cracked it. cool.png

We are going to need a third variable though. Sorry.

So we will say we have the following
    God - As tends to be thought about.
    Devil - As tends to be thought about.
    PURPLE - Spelled with caps - Encomposes both God and Devil.

My knowledge of cristian religion is limited but i believe that there was a time in which the devil as we 'know' him became the devil. Implying there was a time before this. Hence the need for PURPLE.

So PURPLE is schizophonic. Like any schizophonic person (or God pacman.gif) he has two personalities. Each of the personalities hate eachother but do not hate themselvies.
    By this i mean that lets say i am PURPLE and but currently the God side of PURPLE is in control. Well then as the God side of PURPLE I 'love' (wrong word) myself but absolutly hate the other side of me (the devil)
    In contrast as the Devil side of PURPLE i 'love' myself and hate God. (interestinly though as the Devil side of Purple i wouldn't consider myself the devil. I would consider God to be the devil)

So if i put my good boy hat on, I would think that sending a bad boy to hell is punishment becouse i am a good boy and presume that because i wouldn't like hell that the bad boy will not like hell.
    Contrastingly the opposide is also true.

Which bring me to my next point. Lets say that i switch both of their roles. The devil becomes master of Heaven and God becomes master of Hell. Both of them would consider themselvies to be in Hell wouldn't they? That is logical.
    Above i mean Heaven and Hell as tend to be thought about
    while below i mean Heaven and hell from the perspective of any given person.

I mean you could love playing video games and i might love running. If we switch our roles and i play video games and you go running we would both hate it.

So if i die and in the conventional views i have lived a 'evil' life I wouldn't go to the 'good' place but the evil place but just like our runner vs gamer is that not what i want?
    The issue here is that everyone considers Heaven to be the place where they want to go but my Heaven could be your Hell.

Am i making sence?

Heaven and Hell are subjective. I mean i bet some of ye are going to burn by love and happyness (thinking of when harry potter thouched he who must not be named pacman.gif. Love was Hell for him)

So does Freewill fit into this?
    I would say do what you yourself judge to be right and don't side with anything just becouse you are a muslim/jew/basket ball player because otherwise you would be siding with what you precieve to be the devil/wrong and from what you precieve you will burn in what you precieve to be Hell.

This would mean taking the catholic view just because you are a catholic will proberly land you in what you precieve to be hell. but other catholics may precive to be heaven.

So on an issue like Gay marriage If you follow what you believie then that is fair enough. You will go to where you precieve to be Heaven. But if you go one side of the debate against what you belief based on others views (such as 'Gods' view or catholic view) of what they consider (which lets be clear. Is True for them) to Heaven you will end up in Hell from your Perspective.
    So me and you might both side against Gay Marriage and based on nothing else one of us will go to heaven and one of us will go to Hell.

Making sense or have I gone mad? Well I am clearly gone mad but am i making sense?

Discuss.....

Edit: Neither exist but is still fun to think about

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mmmmmmm, purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

TLDR

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Liamario wrote: »
    TLDR

Sorry. That is the TLDR version :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

This has purple stuff, purple is a fruit..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

In with the foodie post. Anyone for a Hawaiian pizza?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I hear hobbies are worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

...Wat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I want a francisca for Christmas....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

• Registered Users Posts: 3,540 ✭✭✭swampgas

Making sense or have I gone mad? Well I am clearly gone mad but am i making sense?

I'm not sure you're even making English ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

Purple haze all in my brain
    Lately things just don't seem the same
    Actin' funny, but I don't know why
    'Scuse me while I kiss the sky

• Registered Users Posts: 16,134 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The colour purple. The Purple Rose of Cairo. Purple Rain.

Shoulda put purple in the thread title. Woulda made sense...

Now I'm off to have some toast with blackcurrant jam and a nice glass of
    orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'm going to say 'no'. I can't make head nor tail of what you're on about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Am i making sence?
    No.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

So PURPLE is schizophonic. Like any schizophonic person (or God pacman.gif)
    anyone else wondering what schizophonic is? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Motopepe

schizophonic is when some part of you is ranting on about something and the other part of you doesn't listen (not listening to yourself), I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I like things too

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭darjeeling

6218997954_f5c5103091.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭MickFleetwood

You base a lot of that on the premise that The Devil likes Hell....

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

You base a lot of that on the premise that The Devil likes Hell....

If he doesn't like hell and was sent there by god then he is as much a sinner as me and you are. And God loves and forgives sinners.

To me that just doesn't make sense. If the devil is master of hell and he doesn't like it can he not change it.

Unless he isn't master of Hell in which case God is and it is nothing got to do with the devil.

Toughts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

If he doesn't like hell and was sent there by god then he is as much a sinner as me and you are. And God loves and forgives sinners.

To me that just doesn't make sense. If the devil is master of hell and he doesn't like it can he not change it.

Unless he isn't master of Hell in which case God is and it is nothing got to do with the devil.

Toughts?

.....now the 47B is defunct, whats the bus of choice for mushroom pickers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

The answer is prince and of course 42, maybe 42 in a purple, princy font, but definitely 42.

Advertisement