Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Website blocked by VF

Options
  • 08-07-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've just finished designing a new website, I have been developing it on a dummy URL for testing and today uploaded it to the owners domain.

It's a Wordpress brochure website but when I got to it on a 3G vodafone iphone, it comes up with the blocked message.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml"&gt;
    <wml>

<card id="holding-page-2" ordered="true">
    <p>Access denied.</p>
    </card>
    </wml>

Anyone have any experience dealing with this?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are you sure that's coming from Vodafone and not the server hosting the domain?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Graham wrote: »
    Are you sure that's coming from Vodafone and not the server hosting the domain?

Hi thanks, yeah it seems to be just vodafone, I tried the same on a 3 iphone not in wifi and it displayed fine. The site when we were testing it on a different URL displayed fine on vodafone 3G, just happened today when I put it on the new domain

Edit: I noticed the same thing with some certain illegal websites and wonder if they are is blacklist, the clients site is a small business, nothing illegal etc
    Looking through some threads on the vodafone website people saying the same thing however they unblock them manually for that user, not the genera public

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Likely the domain name is triggering something.

Give Vodafone a shout, they should be able to help you. Their forum on here might be a helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Buttercake wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've just finished designing a new website, I have been developing it on a dummy URL for testing and today uploaded it to the owners domain.

It's a Wordpress brochure website but when I got to it on a 3G vodafone iphone, it comes up with the blocked message.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN" "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml"&gt;
    <wml>

<card id="holding-page-2" ordered="true">
    <p>Access denied.</p>
    </card>
    </wml>

Anyone have any experience dealing with this?

Thanks in advance

Looks like an old WAP browser that cant show HTML pages. Is the phone old?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

slegs wrote: »
    Looks like an old WAP browser that cant show HTML pages. Is the phone old?

Don't think that's it:
    Buttercake wrote: »
    but when I got to it on a 3G vodafone iphone, it comes up with the blocked message.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <wml>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

You have keywords that are triggering their filter, this is pretty common. We used to have to have our sites added to an internal "white list", however we did that through an account manager as we had a partner account.

Advertisement