Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can be fished on the tolka

Options
  • 08-07-2013 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi looking for so info on where can be publicly fished on the Tolka as a permit holder apart from the Glasnevin to Tolka valley park stretch in Ashtown. Have heard about stretches in Mulhuddart but are these on private land or publicly accessible. Recently got a permit and finding it tough to find swims good for worming or spinning. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭fiacha

Come over to the darkside and use the fly rod ! :D Plenty of sport to be had from Glasnevin to Ashtown bridge on the fly, all public access.

We also have access from Ashtown all the way to Mulhuddart, but the stretch from Ashtown to the M50 currently requires a machete or helicopter for access :D I walked it this morning and the weeds are over 5ft in places.

I haven't fished it any further out than Blanch, but it no harm in taking a walk out that way. If you are not wanted on the land, they will have a sign up.

Best of luck.
    F.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

Hi thanks for the reply Fiacha I have given the fly rod a go in the past and will come back to it in the future but for now sticking to what I know a little better. It looks as though there is another Tolka Valley park around Blanch that should be publicly accessible so might give up there a go when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭fiacha

there is a footpath from under the M50 all the way to Mulhuddart village that goes through that park.
    PM me if you need any directions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

Just wondering if anyone know of anywhere the Tolka can be fished downstream of Griffith Park and also if Griffith park is worth fishing in.

Cheers

Advertisement