Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water spillage on laptop

Options
  • 08-07-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

i recnelty spilled some water on my laptop..now some of the keys work and other don't..does this mean the system board is f**ked?is it easy to repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

How recently?
    If it was very recent, then do not attempt to power on the laptop. Remove the battery and store in a dry place for a few days.

If it was a while ago, and it powers on but some of the keys don't work, then it's worthwhile replacing the keyboard. What make & model of laptop is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭thebourke

it's a hp laptop..it happened yesterday..it was cold diluted water that was spillt on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

thebourke wrote: »
    it's a hp laptop..it happened yesterday..it was cold diluted water that was spillt on it...

What is diluted water?:confused: Anyway power it off, take out the battery store in a DRY place for a week and pray.

this is what's happening at the moment
    For example if i press the 'T', it comes up 3 times
    If i press number '1' its not working at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

just because the computer works right now, doesn't mean it's good to use.. you could short circuit the motherboard. Turn it off, and let it dry! ..

• Advertisement

for how long?a day or so?
    any areas where i should put it to let it dry out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

a week at the least... take the battery out, like you've been told..and place it somewhere dry.. if you can afford enough cheap rice to sit the laptop on, ..it's good dehumidifier ;) ..

But most importantly LEAVE IT OFF .. for at least a week.

Advertisement