Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal and remote aircraft receiver

Options
  • 08-07-2013 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

Could anyone explain to me what an internal and remote receiver is, please?

In the product image here, I assume one of the cables is the standard receiver antenna; what exactly is the other one?
    http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=SPMAR6210

What are the advantages/benefits and what's the function?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The remote receiver is also known as the satellite receiver, essentially another receiver which can be mounted in a different location to the main one, thus providing receiver diversity - i.e. if one receiver isn't getting a good reception due to orientation of the model or antenna, the other receiver might be better because it's in a different location.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

Ah right. So, it's basically just a backup receiver, connected to and synced with the main device? For bigger aircraft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

jma wrote: »
    Ah right. So, it's basically just a backup receiver, connected to and synced with the main device? For bigger aircraft?
    Yes a secondary receiver, required on 2.4ghz radios because the wavelength is very short and single receivers with short antennae could be shadowed by aircraft parts or in certain orientation. So a secondary satellite receiver is placed in another area, sometimes outside the aircraft, and at right angles to the primary one ideally.

They are not required on 35 mhz because that wavelength is long enough that the receiver wire would be brought outside the aircraft and was quite long.

Advertisement