Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Password reset request - not by me...

Options
  • 07-07-2013 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hope this is the right place.
    Received this email from no-reply@boards.ie yesterday:
    Hello Ficheall,

You have requested to reset your password for your boards.ie account. To do so please [URL REMOVE].

If clicking the link above doesn't work, please copy and paste the full URL below in to a new browser window:

[/url][URL REMOVED]

If you need any help or have problems resetting your password, please contact us at hello@boards.ie

Thanks,

The boards.ie Team
    http://www.boards.ie[/url]

I made no such request, and was wondering whether this was a common issue, whether it's an intelligent piece of (rather useless) spam, or whether there's someone trying to gain access to my account..

Love,

Ficheall

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,186 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

They can be triggered by spambots having a go at accounts, or people making genuine mistakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement