Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Wifi Signal

Options
  • 06-07-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

I am not sure if this is the correct forum - I have a Dell Latitude E6410 and I am running Windows 7.

I have Wireless broadband in my house, when I do a speedtest on my iphoe and tablet, I get download speeds of about 4mb on both. However when I do a speed test on my laptop from the very same room at the same time, I sometimes struggle to get 1mb and rarely get above 2mb.

Initially I thought it was a problem with my wifi router, but having done speedtests on different phones and tablets, I am coming to the conclusion that the issue must lie with the way that my laptop is picking up / receiving the wifi signal.

I bought a devolo dLAN 200 AVMini in an attempt to have a wired broadband connection, but it did not make any difference.

Is there any way that I could improve the speeds that my laptop is receiving via wifi ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

you could try updating drivers for the wireless/network card.

Any chance you can borrow a wireless adapter from someone..and see if that adapter picks up anything different?

Advertisement