Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamon Dunphys book on u2

Options
  • 06-07-2013 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

i was interested in reading Eamon Dunphys book on u2 but see claims it is not accurate. Anyone read it is it worth it?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Wildly inaccurate on many things and Dunphy doesn't seem to know the correct terminology for many items of music equipment.
    I read it a few years back and had to re-read some sections to understand what he was talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Ellian

I thought it was terrible. Bill Flanagan's book was a better read IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Ellian wrote: »
    I thought it was terrible. Bill Flanagan's book was a better read IMO.
    I looked up that and it seems hewas/is too close to them to write an objective bio

LoveCoke wrote: »
    I looked up that and it seems hewas/is too close to them to write an objective bio

I think that is probably a fair criticism but it was still an entertaining read

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

Ellian wrote: »
    I think that is probably a fair criticism but it was still an entertaining read
    I suppose it is entertaining but i wanted something objective you know. Not someone who is for or against them just an objective view. i would like to read Dunphys but it is said to be very innacurate

• Advertisement

It's been a long time since I read it but I vaguely recall that at one point he wrote something to the effect of "U2 were so inexperienced that when setting up they placed the monitors facing towards themselves rather than the crowd." From that point on, every word in that book was suspect as far as I was concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 livingbasshead

Why don't you get yourself a copy of U2 by U2 ?! Now that's from the horses mouths!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 livingbasshead

What a fool, monitors are meant to be placed towards the band themselves!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement