Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naíonra?

Options
  • 06-07-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have found out that there is 2 Naíonraí in Greystones..... Can anyone recommend either one? I know one is in the Gaelscoil and I do hope to send my kids there as Ive heard great things about it. I dont know where the other one is...?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Naionra Phadraig na gCloch Liath
    St Patrick's Worship & Recreation Centre
    Greystones
    Wicklow
    087 9261318

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dubgrey

Thanks!! Do you have experience in either naionra?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mirrorball

The Naíonra in the Gaelscoil is great. Two of our children attended it and loved it. The teachers are enthusiastic and friendly and we were really happy with the setup.
    We have friends with kids at St Patrick's and they have similar good things to say about there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 myoreflex

We've recently registered our son for the Naionra in the Gaelscoil and there were still places for September, although probably best to do so now asap. The lady who looks after registrations is Valerie- you might also reach her here: Naionra na gCloch Liath <naionracl@gmail.com>

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elaine2013

I had my son in the ' Naionra agus Montessori Na gcloch Liath ' located in St. Patricks church on church road.

I can't recommend it enough. The staff are fantastic. My 4 year old has an amazing vocabulary of Irish after just one year with Ciara and her team.

My husband isn't Irish and was bowled over when my son sang his repertoire of songs from the end of year concert at home and then translated them for him!!!

The owners name is Ciara. 087 9261318.

Her website and Facebook contacts are below also.

www.naionra.org www.facebook.com/naionrawicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 marge26

Hi Dubgrey,

I had the exact same dilemma. Being new in the area I wasn't sure which naíonra to choose. Initially I thought the naíonra in the Gaelscoil would be the better choice seeing as it was on the premises. I rang both naíonra owners and being a fluent Irish speaker, I naturally spoke Irish to each lady. The owner of the naíonra based in the Gaelscoil began the conversation in Irish but quickly changed to English. I was very surprised! I then called the owner of Naíonra Naomh Phádraig who is perfectly fluent in Irish and spoke to me the entire time as Gaeilge.

My decision was made. Both my children have attended Naíonra Naomh Phádraig and have loved it. The staff are fantastic, very caring and always thinking of new ways to give the children the best possible experience. This is all through the medium of Irish. I can't recommend it enough!

Good luck.

Thanks for feedback,,

I was in touch with both and both spoke beautifully fluent Irish to me (as do I :P).... personally I got a far better "feel" from Naíonra na gcloch Liatha in the Gaelscoil.

I wont go into detail but I think I am definately going to go with Naionara in Gaelscoil.

Would still be interested in other feedback though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 naionrawicklow

Hi Dubgrey,

great to hear you're considering Naíonra for your little one. It's a fabulous way for children to learn and total immersion is the only way to learn a language. I have the Naíonra in St. Patrick's in Greystones. I was sent the link to this thread by a kind neighbour - I'm so glad they did.

I'm afraid there must be some mix up as I didn't receive a call from you. Your post says it was the last few days but I looked through all calls for some time and I don't have a call that I can't place with another caller. I certainly remember all parents who spoke to me in Irish as I'm always so delighted to hear a parent speak Irish to me and happens so rarely. (Only three times this year and they are all joining in Sept so again it mustn't be yourself).

But I'd love to chat through our curriculum, our ethos, our approach and our very high staff ratios to you at any time. My number is 087 9261318.

Please do give me a call whenever suits. Go raibh míle maith agat.

Ciara

Hi Ciara,

Sorry but it was in May that I contacted you but had lost details (Phone stolen :( ). Thats why had asked for details above. Sorry nfor mix up!!

Im happy with my decision. Heard great things about both Naíonraí.

Grma

Anybody else have a panic when their kids do go to "school" ? Dreading it!!!:eek:

Excitied for the Naíonra and all but ahhhhhh empty house.

We`ve started playing Irish Cds and have had loads of books in the house since birth.

Any other tips? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 naionrawicklow

A book and cd that might help you is broga nua. It's got the Irish and English translation for about 50 songs and a cd to help with pronoun citation. Available on sona sasta.ie, udar.ie and naionrai.ie

Also Gaeilge do thuismitheoiri agus feighlithe leanai is a great book as it gives vocab that is relevant to parents with children starting out. There's a new ap for this for your phone if you want to google it.

We have a parents group every tues in st Patrick's church as Gaeilge and another in the Gaelscoil on a Fri morn. All welcome on Tuesdays.

Best of luck.

Ciara

Advertisement