Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DVD Player that can skip forced trailers?

• 06-07-2013 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

Hi, there's quite a few DVDs out there that upon start up force you to watch a barrage of trailers and warnings etc. Some DVDs are authored so that there's no way around them ie. hitting Stop and then Play or jumping to the Main Menu. Does anyone know of a DVD player available that has the ability to override these? I've had a few players over the years that had a 'Disc Navigation' or a Program button where the former would show you a page of all the Titles and Chapters on the disc and you could skip straight to whatever you wanted and the latter allowed you to programe specific Titles or Chapters which was a cute way around the forced start up videos. The first was a Hitatchi which I bought in 2001 and broke a few years ago, the second one was a 'PYE' which I think is a Phillips clone and it too is dying (the disc tray won't open and a message appears on the OSD saying 'blocked'.

Has anyone come across a DVD player with a similar feature where you can jump straight to a specific Title/Chapter and thus bypass the forced trailers, ads and warnings? If there's a blu-ray out there with a similar feature I'd love to see it but I'd say that's doubtful...

Advertisement