Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beautiful places captured by world's most expensive camera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

cant say I'm wow'd by them ..... all seem fairly straightforward images - granted right time - right place and great weather in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Aced_Up

With imagination you can get the same and better with a 600gbp camera.

Technology infortunately is taking out the fun. But who know what amazing pics someone with imagination can take wit that cam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭dakar

I like the pictures, but it's a bit of a 'Daily Mail special' non-story, or at least the emphasis on the equipment is.

Like a Formula One headline that reads 'Talented Driver Drives Really Quickly When Put In Really Fast Car Shocker'.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭NooSixty

dakar wrote: »
    I like the pictures, but it's a bit of a 'Daily Mail special' non-story, or at least the emphasis on the equipment is.

Like a Formula One headline that reads 'Talented Driver Drives Really Quickly When Put In Really Fast Car Shocker'.

Yep that is exactly how it read to me as well! Just curious to see if other people did too :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it drops from 'the world's most expensive camera' to 'one of the world's most expensive cameras' before you even get to the main body of the article.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

anyway, it's not even nearly the most expensive camera hasselblad make. though what's a minor fact or two with the daily mail?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

"The H3D-50 is a 50 megapixel camera - much, much higher than the standard eight megapixels found in the iPhone 5 camera and other digital recorders. "

That pretty much shows what the intended audience was for that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭NooSixty

Splinters wrote: »
    "The H3D-50 is a 50 megapixel camera - much, much higher than the standard eight megapixels found in the iPhone 5 camera and other digital recorders. "

That was my favourite quote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Splinters wrote: »

Yeah, that made me laugh!

i've figured out a way to make millions. construct a replica of horseshoe bend, bryce canyon, half dome, the poolbeg chimneys, and some swans, in a field in louth, and charge photographers entry in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

What's the point in a 50mp camera and then seeing small images on a computer screen. Printed large is when the images would really stand out. David Farrell has an image at the RHA Annual at the moment that's pretty large and the quality looks great as it's shot on a 39mp H3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

More megapixels = better photography. Fact.

Effects wrote: »
    What's the point in a 50mp camera and then seeing small images on a computer screen.
    because that's the only option available to us to see these images.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I mean what's the point in hyping up images that look no different to that taken with a camera that isn't a Hasselblad and cost a fraction of the price. It's like the ads with fancy graphics extolling the virtues of DVDs that used to play on VHS tapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

The 617 stuff is lovely, I love that aspect ratio.

Someday...

Advertisement