Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any doctors qualified to dive?

Options
  • 05-07-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I suffered an injury a couple of years back to my hearing and am getting conflicting reports back regarding my ability to dive again - are there any qualified doctord who dive on here (hopefully in audiology) who could help out with info?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

There's a GP called Jack someone from N. Dublin somewhere (Malahide or Skerries or somewhere) who's a diver.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

There's a GP called Jack someone from N. Dublin somewhere (Malahide or Skerries or somewhere) who's a diver.

Got that OP....Dr. Jack Someone who's based somewhere. That's you sorted then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

could also pick up a mask with the ear pieces on them its for divers who have ear problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

PM sent OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

PCX wrote: »
    Got that OP....Dr. Jack Someone who's based somewhere. That's you sorted then.

I remember now; it's Keane. Jack Keane. And it's Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mermaria

DAN has good info on their web site.

About doctor you need one with Medicine Hyperbaric Master ask to their professional college

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

Best bet is just to shell out for a hsa diving medical, Commercial divers have to complete one every year, not many doctors in ireland do them though, mike quirke in tipperary and oliver whyte in westport are two off the top of my head that i have been to personally. Phone ahead and explain your case, i imagine they will be able to help you out.
    http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Your_Industry/Diving/Diving_Medicals/
    http://www.hsa.ie/eng/Your_Industry/Diving/Diving_Doctors/Diving_Doctors.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonyoc42

another suggestion would be dr Joe Fitzgibbon who dives and is qualified to cert commerical divers.

He works Galway & Dublin

Dr. E. Joe FitzGibbon
    Suite 31, Galway Clinic
    Doughiska, County Galway.
    (Clinics on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)

Suite 21, Hermitage Medical Clinic
    Old Lucan Road, Dublin 20
    (Clinics on Tuesday and Thursday)

Advertisement