Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 47

Options
  • 04-07-2013 2:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, count anyone let me know the approx travel time on this bus from Town to Sandyford in the morning rush?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved from the Dublin City forum

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

College Green to Sandyford Luas stop is 32 minutes walk+tram.

Walk + bus route 11 or 47 should take about 45 minutes.

Walk + bus route 46a or 145 should take about 53 minutes, including the longer walk.

Tip: If you really want to get the 47, but have just missed it, consider grabbing the first Expresso bus heading for UCD (not all do) that passes Trinity College. Get it as far as the stop before UCD - between Nuteley Lane and the flyover.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,583 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I would imagine that the 07:40 route 47 departure would be at Sandyford for about 08:30 - allow about 45-50 minutes. Allow up to 1 hour for the 08:30 departure.

As Victor says the 11 (appx. 40 minutes) and particularly the LUAS (20 minutes from St Stephen's Green) would be faster.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thanks guys, I wouldn't actually be getting it in town, I'd be getting on on the Ringsend Road. So I guess my options are the 47, which would about 30-40 minutes? Or walk up to Leeson St for the 11, or walk further up to the Charlemont Luas stop, that walk would be 30 minutes alone.

Put the exact locations into www.a-b.ie and add the correct dates and times. Play around with the settings if necessary.

Getting a 15a/b to Adelaide Road (Harcourt Luas) and a tram seems to generally be the quickest.

• Advertisement

I think in that case stick with the 47 - have a look at the real time information at www.dublinbus.ie/rtpi maybe one morning in advance and check out stop 5142 - that's the stop in Sandyford for the 47 - it'll give you some idea of how long it'll take.

Bear in mind that it will take longer once the schools return.

Victor wrote: »
    Put the exact locations into www.a-b.ie and add the correct dates and times. Play around with the settings if necessary.

Getting a 15a/b to Adelaide Road (Harcourt Luas) and a tram seems to generally be the quickest.

15a/b would take at least 20 minutes (from experience) for that trip - easier (and cheaper!!) to do the 47 frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭The_Wrecker

Hi all, count anyone let me know the approx travel time on this bus from Town to Sandyford in the morning rush?
    Fleet st to Belamine is allocated 1hr 15mins during peak. Your trip between 40/50mins depending on the train crossing gates and school time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Numbers Guy

Hi guys

Sorry to be bringing up an old thread.

I will be travelling from Sandymount to beacon hospital for next few weeks. Is this bus a good option to get off at Sandyford and walk?

Is it reliable?

Thanks

I will be travelling from Sandymount to beacon hospital for next few weeks. Is this bus a good option to get off at Sandyford and walk?
    It's relatively direct, yes. There is a 1km walk at the Sandyford end. Others are route 11 or Luas Green Line or DART + route 75 or DART + route 114. Each bus route has a modest frequency.

Put the exact locations into www.a-b.ie and add the correct dates and times. Play around with the settings if necessary. The hospital is at the junction of Blackthorn Road and Blackthorn Drive.
    Is it reliable?
    Traffic can go to bits in Sandyford Industrial Estate at peak times, but otherwise I can't comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Numbers Guy

thanks victor

Advertisement