Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Ultra Low cost internet

Options
  • 04-07-2013 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Any help is appreciated.
    My elderly father in-law needs internet in Dublin 03. Email and browsing. I checked U-Switch and it has Wi-Max as the lowest cost @ €25 per month with a 12 month contract. Has anyone come across a lower cost alternative ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Pay as you go 3G USB Stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Does he use the landline too? I thin Vodafone are offering the best at the moment for bb and phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

Xantia, Checked out Vodafone 3G USB stick looks like €19.95 per month, the landline version is €30. Looking a bit better.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Vodafone coverage should be OK but try and get a trial from them just to check.

Also be aware of any 'over use' in the contract - how much data you can download before it gets more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭decp

The useage should not be a problem as he only gets a few emails per week and limited browsing. I know someone who has a Vodafone Dongle, I can test it for signal. Thanks again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,834 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Careful about that still, if he goes onto youtube the allowance could easily diminish.

I'm on broadband only (simply broadband) with vodafone, 35 eur (or 32 if you're a vodafone mobile bill pay customer). Unlimited (well 300gb) allowance on a fibre optic line. If he already has a landline phone, he's probably paying €25 in line rental, that €25 is included in the price of €35 above and if he uses the phone he can probably get a call package with that for maybe €40/€45 (never bothered to look into the call packages myself).

Advertisement