Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do in galway?

Options
  • 03-07-2013 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

might be in galway for college from september, just wondering has anybody any idea on what there is to do in the way of bars and such?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

bitburger wrote: »
    might be in galway for college from september, just wondering has anybody any idea on what there is to do in the way of bars and such?

http://gbargalway.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 reach4thestars

Galways a great spot! Wildes is a lovely place and Fuelled passion are a lgbtq night that tour ireland they ll surely hit there soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

Wildes is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hamhide wrote: »
    Wildes is gone

Gbar took over Wildes venue. Great spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

ongarboy wrote: »
    Gbar took over Wildes venue. Great spot!

Gbar has a very intimate atmosphere which people either love or hate. Upstairs certainly feels like being at someone's house party.
    I wish Dignity would re-open coz gay nightclubs are sadly becoming a thing of the past outside of Dublin. It is crazy to think that Dignity in Waterford is the only one (and who goes to Waterford? What a random place to have one:o )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

I hav'nt been to the gbar yet but i'm planning to go one weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭pourquoi

I'm personally not a huge fan of Gbar. Any time I've been there it's chock-full. The staff are nice though. My housemate worked there for a while.

Ah, yes, Dignity. That was a great place! Even ignoring the fact that it was a gay club, I thought it was one of the better clubs. Like, it had a pole! Who could compete with that? :P

Advertisement