Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Web Hosting for 2 websites.

Options
  • 03-07-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Alright so here is the situation . . .
    I have two domains, one (a wordpress) hosted with the company I bought the domains from & the other hosted by zenfolio.

Is it possible to host two websites on one hosting or is this a daft notion?

I plan to create a second wordpress site to replace but still link to the zenfolio site (for certain functions like shop feature).
    I'll obviously be changing the domain for Zenfolio.

Will I have to purchase another hosting plan or would it be possible to host two websites on the same linux hosting?
    The hosting has the web app for wordpress already installed so does this mean only one wordpress site is possible.

Simplified . . . Are hostings exclusive to one domain?

Any info welcome, thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,052 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It really depends on what kind of hosting plan you sign up for. For instance I have an account with Webfaction that is not associated with any particular website. I can host as many domains as I want and I'm able to install what ever applications I want. I expect others on here do the same and can give you some more examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There are plenty of hosting packages which allow for multiple domains on a single hosting account, even at entry level. To a certain extent it's pretty much standard these days. Consult this sticky http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53028341&postcount=2 for hosting recommendations and you'll see this.

Advertisement