Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in galway

Options
  • 03-07-2013 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hey everyone, just looking for some advice on fishing in galway. you will have to excuse my complete inexperience in fishing knowledge and im pretty clueless for even a beginner! basically i bought the kids a new but simple fishing rod set and i wanna bring them out and catch something with them. like i said its a basic road with hooks, floaters, weights etc and im just looking for somewhere we can cast off and try catch something and let them enjoy it. so just looking for any suggestions of where to go or good spots around galway. any advice really appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Somewhere around moycullen would be a good place to start, there's also fish to be caught in the canals around Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 galwayguy07

thanks viper. might have a look at moycullen so to see suitable spot. bit of drive from athenry side but if we have good chance of catching something might be worth the spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marketlinkup

traught beach kinvara
    Get some weight and hooks go to the pier when the water is high
    If you are lucky you will bring some mackerel for the dinner
    hey everyone, just looking for some advice on fishing in galway. you will have to excuse my complete inexperience in fishing knowledge and im pretty clueless for even a beginner! basically i bought the kids a new but simple fishing rod set and i wanna bring them out and catch something with them. like i said its a basic road with hooks, floaters, weights etc and im just looking for somewhere we can cast off and try catch something and let them enjoy it. so just looking for any suggestions of where to go or good spots around galway. any advice really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Eriesniper

There's a good fishery up there Small (Perfect for beginners up in Oughterard ) its a rainbow trout fishery fly fishing and worm fishery its great (i fly fish) but i do see other people use worms. its called http://www.oughterardhostel.com/angling.html very good

Tight Lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cian_N

has anyone been fishing around spidil or saltill for mackerel lately?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Irish_Fisher

Cian_N wrote: »
    has anyone been fishing around spidil or saltill for mackerel lately?

yes, me, and three others were fishing there about once a week in spidil for the last 6 months and only caught 1 small pollack and a conger eel

Advertisement