Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Colour for grey

Options
  • 03-07-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I used to use L'Oreal excel 5, i found it gave a really natural look but the product has now been discontinued,
    any alternatives?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Did you really look better though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sportbilly86

Did you really look better though ?

Found greying hair hard to keep looking good, would have to get it cut every 2/3 weeks and couldnt grow it out much.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

How often would you have to keep applying that stuff?

Marsden wrote: »
    How often would you have to keep applying that stuff?

Every 5-6 weeks r so

Every 5-6 weeks r so
    That's not bad, I thought it would be more often. I don't know of an alternative as I don't use anything yet, but at the rate my hair is changing I might need to in a year or so. Good luck finding an alternative.

• Advertisement

Marsden wrote: »
    That's not bad, I thought it would be more often. I don't know of an alternative as I don't use anything yet, but at the rate my hair is changing I might need to in a year or so. Good luck finding an alternative.

Thanks, the L'Oreal stuff was really good, shame it got discontinued, will be hard to find a decent alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Honestly, men who dye their hair always look dodgy, Berisconilike.

Chinasea wrote: »
    Honestly, men who dye their hair always look dodgy, Berisconilike.
    And women who have cosmetic surgery always end up looking like Sly Stallones Ma.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Thanks, the L'Oreal stuff was really good, shame it got discontinued, will be hard to find a decent alternative.

Sage tea and henna natural alternative.

This looks good, and says its an alternative to Excell 5 also.

http://www.thesalonlook.com/schwarzkopf-3d-grey-blend-anthracite-3-12.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

OP, a lot of women like the silver fox look. Are you sure you want to colour your hair? How old are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I find that you can spot guys a mile off who dye their hair, and it just doesn't look right (to me anyway). I have the first signs of grey hair, and I couldn't give a fiddlers f*ck about it. I actually hope I start to go bald as well, as it'll save on having to think what type of bloody haircut to get every other month! :)

Embrace the shades of grey. :)

Look at Tom Jones. Looks WAY better since he just let it be naturally grey.

Look at Marty Morrissey and the hair dyed off his head!! Dodge!!!

Advertisement