Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire alarm during night ?

Options
  • 03-07-2013 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Staying in hotel for few nights , but fire alarm goes off at 3 so we leave our rooms and discover fire in yard of hotel fire brigade comes and returns us to our rooms . Lessen chance of smoke inhalation they say , in nut shell do I pay full price for accom? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Yes. Would you rather have not been woken and disturbed & died from smoke inhalation?!?

No brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

highly1111 wrote: »
    Yes. Would you rather have not been woken and disturbed & died from smoke inhalation?!?

No brainer.

People arguing in reception about it so just glad to get answer , pity a shed 500 yards from main hotel is wired into main system if you ask me ,imagine it be on separate loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

madred006 wrote: »
    People arguing in reception about it so just glad to get answer , pity a shed 500 yards from main hotel is wired into main system if you ask me ,imagine it be on separate loop.

that logic reminds me of the story of the woman who's kid fell off her bike and she sued (tried!) the helmet manufacture because the helmet broke!!

Of course its a shame it happened but there's so many health and safety issues with not evacuating.

highly1111 wrote: »
    that logic reminds me of the story of the woman who's kid fell off her bike and she sued (tried!) the helmet manufacture because the helmet broke!!

Of course its a shame it happened but there's so many health and safety issues with not evacuating.

Was the kid ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

It happened to me that a false alarm went off in a hotel once. Also at about 3am, I jumped out of bed and straight down to reception to be told the system had been faulty for 2 days. I asked for a discount seeing how they knew about the problem. I got teh three nights I originally booked for half price and they offered a comp 4th night when we were checking out, I accepted :)

I think because there was an actual fire in this case though, you would still be paying full price as there was no fault. The alarm served its intended purpose.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    It happened to me that a false alarm went off in a hotel once. Also at about 3am, I jumped out of bed and straight down to reception to be told the system had been faulty for 2 days. I asked for a discount seeing how they knew about the problem. I got teh three nights I originally booked for half price and they offered a comp 4th night when we were checking out, I accepted :)

I think because there was an actual fire in this case though, you would still be paying full price as there was no fault. The alarm served its intended purpose.

Cheers for that if that's all I have to worry about life is good , thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

Melendez wrote: »
    It depends whether the fire was caused by actions or negligence of the hotel staff. If the hotel was responsible for the fire, they are also responsible for the alarm going off and your disturbed night.

Laundry fire seemingly no one hurt so that's main thing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

madred006 wrote: »
    Laundry fire seemingly no one hurt so that's main thing
    I'm glad you have your priorities right!

I'd be embarrassed to join those people arguing in reception.

Advertisement