Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monthly Meet-up - 12th July

Options
  • 03-07-2013 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

One whole week overdue but lets do it!

Usual craic, lets all get together on Friday the 12th at J.W. Sweetmans (previously Mess Rs.) on the Quays.

Table will be booked nearer the time.

Of course everyone is invited. The idea is that we can both put names to faces and generally just chat, LOL at and share our tales of homosexuality! So whether you're out to the oldest sister of your best friends great granny or still coming to terms with the whole thing, come along!

Just as a side note to mention that the purpose of these meet-ups is not a hook-up - rather a support group giving everyone a chance to help someone out beside you, simply by sharing experiences. I feel that it is important that we do not lose sight of this as so many have benefited from it and it would be a great shame if it ceased!

Copy & Paste your username into the list below if you can make it;

LIST:
    1) Soldering Iorn
    2)
    3)

<3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 normal lad

12th July...we can bring our orange sashes and Union flags. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

I'm away that weekend :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Amen dude. we need to keep this going. I'm doing a teacher training course during July in town so will be able to pop in for a few. Definitely have to make up for not making Pride.

LIST:
    1) Soldering Iorn
    2) playedalive
    3)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Hopefully I'll get to come along after work next Friday evening.

Numbers might be lower over summer, but mustn't let this die off!

LIST:
    1) Soldering Iorn
    2) playedalive
    3) mr.anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

Heading away Saturday morning so unfortunately won't be able to make it this time :( Have a good one :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Would love to go but I'm working on the 12th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tster

LIST:
    1) Soldering Iorn
    2) playedalive
    3) mr.anonymous
    4) tster

I should be able to come along :) Hopefully we'll get a higher turn out than the last!! (Not to say the last one wasn't good craic, scaring the straight guys away with a chorus of Dragostea Din Tei!)

tster wrote: »
    , scaring the straight guys away with a chorus of Dragostea Din Tei!)

Oh yeah, I remember that. MAYAHEEEEEEEEEE. Guess we needed an anthem that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 macalla macalla

Hi guys. I was at the March meet-up and would love to join in on this one too. The March one really opened my eyes to how broad the gay 'community' (if that's the word) really is and was quite, I don't know, refreshing :)

LIST:
    1) Soldering Iorn
    2) playedalive
    3) mr.anonymous
    4) tster
    5) macalla macalla

I probably won't know many people, and I doubt anybody will have remembered me from four months ago but hey ho that's what awkward introductions are for, right? :P

The March one really opened my eyes to how broad the gay 'community' (if that's the word) really is and was quite, I don't know, refreshing :)

Same. The very first one helped me on my way to banishing silly beliefs about being gay and accept being gay. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bicloset

LIST:
    1) Soldering Iorn
    2) playedalive
    3) mr.anonymous
    4) tster
    5) macalla macalla
    6) bicloset

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Cosmic Maybe

tster wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll get a higher turn out than the last!! (Not to say the last one wasn't good craic, scaring the straight guys away with a chorus of Dragostea Din Tei!)

Hmmm...that sounds like something I should remember but I don't :confused:
    Oh yeah, I remember that. MAYAHEEEEEEEEEE. Guess we needed an anthem that night.

You know full well that RB's Friday will always be the anthem :p

You know full well that RB's Friday will always be the anthem :p

The cheek of me. Scarleh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi there. Long time lurker and was wondering about these meetups! I'd love to meet similiar guys in a similiar situation to myself. Trying to get my head around it all I guess. And I've been hankering to go to this and just have to grow a pair and make an effort!

Just a question or two:

Can newbies to the forum come too? What time does the night start/finish at? (just wondering if I went do I needa book a hostel or anything as I'm not that local)

And finally is it a dancing shoes kind of night or is it pretty relaxed attire? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭face1990

Yeah newbies to the forum are welcome!

Generally starts around 6/7, after work kind of time. Finishes when the pubs & clubs close up (3 or so) and occasionally might go on longer if someone's up for hosting a house party (or tea and cake soireé, as the case may be). Of course you can head home any time you want, but it's worth staying out if you can.

Fairly casual attire (just not tracksuits & pyjamas casual!), but you can dress up if you like! I think a fancy dress meetup would be good :D

I'd highly recommend going along, it's very relaxed and good craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

Hi there. Long time lurker and was wondering about these meetups! I'd love to meet similiar guys in a similiar situation to myself. Trying to get my head around it all I guess. And I've been hankering to go to this and just have to grow a pair and make an effort!

Just a question or two:

Can newbies to the forum come too? What time does the night start/finish at? (just wondering if I went do I needa book a hostel or anything as I'm not that local)

And finally is it a dancing shoes kind of night or is it pretty relaxed attire? Thanks!

Of course, this is the purpose of the meet-ups!

So looking forward to a few 'end of week' pints! :D I'll more than likely be coming straight from work so may be suited up, ughhhh!

Now create a profile and end this lurking lark, come out and have fun. Guaranteed you'll be delighted you came, and will wonder why you ever thought twice about it!

face1990 wrote: »
    ...........Fairly casual attire (just not tracksuits & pyjamas casual!), but you can dress up if you like! I think a fancy dress meetup would be good .......

YES! YES! YES! <3

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭ewan whose army

Yay I am up for it, since I am actually free on Friday night and not busy on Saturday. (Although my plans have a habit of failing)

Anyway put me down

1) Soldering Iorn
    2) playedalive
    3) mr.anonymous
    4) tster
    5) macalla macalla
    6) bicloset
    7) ewan whose army

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

900+ Views and only 7 on the list, c'mon lads (& ladies)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

I've been on the fence about this for a while...would a 28 year old seem odd and really old turning up?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Tainor

Just as a side note to mention that the purpose of these meet-ups is not a hook-up - rather a support group giving everyone a chance to help someone out beside you, simply by sharing experiences. I feel that it is important that we do not lose sight of this as so many have benefited from it and it would be a great shame if it ceased!

Agree whole-hearthly with this Soldring_Iorn. The purpose of the meetings has to remain in focus of what orginally it was and is intended to do. Again people are free to persue whatever actions they desire at later stage, but the focal point is that we get "talking".

As some of you know I am on holidays in Bulgaria (yey totally enjoying them) and will not attend the meeting, but I hope the turn around is greater than the last time and craic even bette! :P

Enjoy lads!

P.S. need a new - "make all straight people leave song" :D

• Advertisement

Few beers along the beach could pose a bigger turnout for Friday by the sounds of it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AmyAnna

Another newbie here.. would love to come along to this too, thinking about it! :) I'm a bit fed up at the moment and would love to meet new people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Emz93

I'm working Friday but think I might be going to War that night if that's where you're headed after (if you are heading out after :P) I've never been to a meet up though and have no idea what any of you look like but who knows I might bump into yous, crazier sh*t has happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Drum roll please...

1) Soldering Iorn
    2) playedalive
    3) mr.anonymous
    4) tster
    5) macalla macalla
    6) bicloset
    7) ewan whose army
    8) Ash885

This will be me as I approach the table!

tumblr_m6pa70rY531qdl2cxo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Bring the cat!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lyinghere

Not around Ireland still so won't be around for the meet up but I hope its a success. Enjoy the night!

So i'm here in messers on 2nd floor. Look for a guy in a white polo shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Be there in 10! Which in getting ready terms means 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tster

So i'm here in messers on 2nd floor. Look for a guy in a white polo shirt.

I'll be there in 15 :)

• Advertisement

there in 20 or so

Advertisement