Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan, HELP!

Options
  • 02-07-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

I have a full time job and get 440 a week, I live at home with no bills to pay or anything. I am looking to take out a loan of about 1500 from the credit union. Thing is, I need the money soonish and I do not have a credit union account. I know you need to be saving for 13 weeks and I dont have the time. My girlfriend has a credit union account which 10 euro a week has been going in every week for about a year but she takes at out when it gets to 100 or so every time it gets to that amount for essentials. She has not touched it for a few weeks now so there would be about 40 euro in it. My question is If i gave her about 500 euro to put in, could she apply for a loan of 1500(3 times the balance)?

She has just finished her leaving cert and is unemployed but starting college in september so she has no income per say at the moment besides money from her parents. I was just wondering if they would give her this loan? I could even go on it as guarantor? I plan on paying the loan back in a few months rather than take the year. If anything in the post needs clarity just ask, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Not in my credit union, you'd have to have a history of saving and then borrow less than you savings and pay it back without issue, while still adding to your shares before they'd consider a loan of more than your shares.

Also telling them you need money is a hury is a big no no too...

Advertisement