Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16th - 18th August Whats On

• 02-07-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,
    my brothers stag,
    16th - 18th August,
    What is on,
    Anywhere in Ireland.

Trying to organise a stag and so far the only suitable event is the horse racing down in Waterford. Has anyone any ideas of events or gigs on, or the best place to look, or even a suggestion of a place or activity to do. Bear in mind there are 24 going.

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Waterford is a nice little town, loads of pubs and restaurants and a good nightlife. A day out at the horseys followed by a pub crawl sounds great, do that. I went for the weekend for my last birthday with the missus, so we did the touristy thing checking out the history etc. Not stag material, but we got a good sample of the bars too.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Have you checked out Discover Ireland's website? It's loaded with all sorts of events (everything from Fr. Ted festivals to Ceilis). You might stumble across something.

Also, possibly not really a stag thing to do, but festival.ie is loaded with all the festivals this summer.

Final suggestion is pick a town and google the town name plus the weekend date - it might turn up a gig, an event or something else interesting. Repeat with different towns (or dates) until something good comes up.

Ireland has a number of decent towns for weekenders: (in no order) Kilkenny, Waterford, Dublin, Galway, Dunmore, Belfast. Most have rail and/or bus links too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Eminem is on in Slane. I am not a fan but going anyway....because I can :)

Advertisement