Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoWP Open Beta begins Thursday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

I've been in it since the start of the closed Beta's.
    There's been a lot of changes to it since then...

A word of warning, this is much like WoT....
    If you go of Rambo, you go of to an early grave...
    If you stick together it's quite fun.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've done a bit of watching of YouTubes. Jingles has a fairly scathing review of it, so I'm hoping it's improved since that. The controls look a bit wobbly, I'll be giving it a go with both mouse/keyboard and xbox controller to see what works best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

From Overlord's blog: "Reminder: during open beta (at later stages) there will be a chance to "farm" in-game gold in WoWP and spend it acquiring unified/single premium account for all (currently 2) WG games."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Play 700 battles during beta, and there'll be free gift planes, the number of which depends upon when you joined the beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

gave this a shot yesterday and this morning, and sad as it sounds, i prefer War Thunder to it.

There are elements in both i'd like to see in each, like not having 5 planes in WT, and only having one in WoWP. The collision detection in WT is better, and the controls too. The handling in WP is lousy, more accurate to detail maybe but there have been numerous times when i've found myself just flying in circles with someone chasing me, breaking off for either combatant is instant fiery death, so yeah.. aerial ballet.

Might check back in, in a few months to see if it's changed some of things i dont like in it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement