Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naval Service Sexual Assault

Options
  • 02-07-2013 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

A former member of the Defence Forces has claimed she was sexually assaulted by a crewman while they worked on board an Irish naval vessel berthed at Naval Service headquarters.

The woman told a Cork court yesterday that, while the ship was on patrol at sea, the accused approached her in the mess area twice — once to ask her for a blow job, and on another occasion, to go to a cabin for “a quick one”.

Came across this last night and found it interesting as I spent a year in the Navy. Any thoughts?

Full story here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭daddyorchips

False claim everyone knows there's no straight men in the navy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

So she was refuelling the ship and went to take a lighter out of her pocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Haha not to spark up there and then I assume. Theres a smoking area if I remember correctly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Ships are fuelled with diesel.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Ships are fuelled with diesel.....

OMG, NATO-grade Diesel?! Funding the Bush war machine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Of course not. We only get our fuel from neutral, non nuclear oil producing states...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Case is currently in court, we can revisit it after legal proceedings are done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement