Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeve tattoos on girls...

Options
  • 02-07-2013 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey Guys!

Just wondering what everyone's opinion's are on girls with sleeve tattoos... I'v been toying with the idea for a while now and I'd like to hear what you think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Hot

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

depends on the tat and the girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sweetie wrote: »
    depends on the tat and the girl!

^ This. Some look great, some don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

If you really really want to go for a full or half sleeve tattoo, go for it. Don't be worried about what other people think.(You should consider current/future employment. What impact it will have. Can it be covered with a shirt/blouse sleeve) Just make sure it is what YOU want.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Hey Guys!

Just wondering what everyone's opinion's are on girls with sleeve tattoos... I'v been toying with the idea for a while now and I'd like to hear what you think.

It depends I suppose, I've seen some and looks amazing, I've seen others and it looks ****e. In general, I like it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

if you need to ask what other people think of sleeves on girls, you aren't ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Half The World Away

if you need to ask what other people think of sleeves on girls, you aren't ready.

What other people think has never influenced any of my decisions... I'm just curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

They look hot till you hit 40

What other people think has never influenced any of my decisions... I'm just curious!

Well it should with highly visible tattoos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It depends on the person and the tattoo. I've seen some very 'feminine' looking women with full and half sleeves who looked great, I've also seen some more masculine looking women with sleeves who look quite 'butch.' In general, I like full and half sleeves on women, although it's probably not something I'd get done myself.

You should carefully consider employment prospects, though. I'm lucky in that my boss loves my tattoos (all of mine are visible) and they haven't hindered my employment prospects thus far (I actually just got promoted :pac: ), but I'm also aware that when I qualify in the field of study I'm heading into, I'll have to wear suits, so I deliberately have no tattoos that cannot be covered by a long sleeved blouse and dress trousers, or a pencil skirt with dark tights. A sleeve will be a lot more difficult to hide, even under a blouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

coldcake wrote: »

You better have a damn good explanation for this ridiculous comment.

At which point you have matured into them and "hot" becomes "bad ass"

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

They look deadly, I say go for it

I don't expect many people look 'hot' at 40 years old anyway, tattoos or not. :rolleyes:

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I don't expect many people look 'hot' at 40 years old anyway, tattoos or not. :rolleyes:

well, with that attitude, suit yourself, more for me.

well, with that attitude, suit yourself, more for me.

:pac: Enjoy! It was more a comment about how we all generally get less attractive the older we get, so a tattoo isn't going to change that. Personally, I'd find a 40 year old tattooed man a lot sexier than a 40 year old non-tattooed man, though.

:eek: :eek: *ahem* :o
    Personally, I'd find a 40 year old tattooed man a lot sexier than a 40 year old non-tattooed man, though.

That's more like it!!!! :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

A lot of people look hot at 40. Fingers crossed I'll be one of them in 13 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

At which point you have matured into them and "hot" becomes "bad ass"

I've an uncle fairly well covered head to toe with tattoos he got all over Asia 50 years ago while in the British army, he still looks bad ass at 70 :D

I like to think I'll still look good in 6 years at 40 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

The photographer at my sisters wedding tried to get her sleeve in the majority of pics he took.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I'm 50 and still lukewarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭bonzo_k

My wife thinks I am hot and I am nearly 40. Does that count ?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coldcake

Maybe I was a tad bit terse with my original reply. But I do like them on younger females but on older females I don't. I think that makes me ageist. I'm sorry, but you asked for an opinion and I proffered one, I didn't think an opinion could be wrong. By the way I've got large tattoos on my arms and I am close to hitting 40, but I don't think they look as bad on males as females after this age. Oh no I'm a chauvinist too! What an A-hole I am, learning so much about myself today!

Hey remember it's your own opinion that counts and I'm open to changing mine. Can we possible find an over 40 female who looks good with full sleeve? I may be willing to push that age up to 50 :}

Can we possible find an over 40 female who looks good with full sleeve? I may be willing to push that age up to 50 :}

Dang it, if only I had boobies!! :rolleyes: :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

I think I'm better looking at 33 than I was at 26..... which means by 40 I'll be a tattooed sex bomb !

oh yeah, sleeves depend on the art and the girl. Badass though

bonzo_k wrote: »
    My wife thinks I am hot and I am nearly 40. Does that count ?

Course it does.....to her and you! :p
    I think I'm better looking at 33 than I was at 26..... which means by 40 I'll be a tattooed sex bomb !

Yeah ya will! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭murfinho

I think they are class, especially like this one:

484668_622171284474909_1706419385_n.jpg

Whether it will age well or not ??? Only one way to find out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

:pac: Enjoy! It was more a comment about how we all generally get less attractive the older we get, so a tattoo isn't going to change that. Personally, I'd find a 40 year old tattooed man a lot sexier than a 40 year old non-tattooed man, though.

I'll have you know that im getting slightly better looking with age. By the time im 40 I'll be a babe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

Hey Guys!

Depends on the girl ;-)

• Advertisement

I'll have you know that im getting slightly better looking with age. By the time im 40 I'll be a babe.

No doubt about it Kat. Sure you still have 20 years to go!! :P :P

Advertisement