Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Ireland Discount for gas and electricity- any catch?

Options
  • 02-07-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭

Was made aware of this yesterday from an Electric Ireland meter reader/salesman who called to the house.
    10% off if i get both my electricity and gas with them (paying by DD and receiving bills via email).
    Any catch with this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Electric Ireland do not have any meter readers. Did this guy read your meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

He came around with a folder and an Electric Ireland jacket.
    And gave me an Electric Ireland leaflet (with the 10% discount and his name and number detailed within).
    So i don't know how much more Electric Irleand-ish the guy needs to be tbh.

No, basically he said that he could read the meter and start me up there and then with no fuss.

OK, he as a salesman. The reference to a metre reader threw me. He was just taking not of the starting reading - as you could do yourself.

No catch in the offer provided you are not tied into a contract elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this to the Talk To Electric Ireland forum? it may be more appropriate

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

Electric Ireland (ESB) do have meter readers. Mine was read on Friday last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

dudara wrote: »
    Do you want me to move this to the Talk To Electric Ireland forum? it may be more appropriate

dudara

I actually rang them and sorted it out. To get the discount it's a contract which I wasn't fully aware of. Thanks.

emeldc wrote: »
    Electric Ireland (ESB) do have meter readers. Mine was read on Friday last.

No they do not. Meters are read by contractors employed by ESB Networks and they read all meters irrespective of who the supply company is. Yours was rated by ESB Networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If everything is sorted, then I'll close this thread. The OP can contact me if they want it reopened.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement