Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clongriffin

Options
  • 02-07-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can someone tell me what Clongriffin area is like to live in? Safe at night etc.? Is much of it allocated to social housing? I am curious about the new houses on sale at Parkedge. I know there is a mosque to be developed there and a lot of amenities. Would you buy there? The prices look good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

Hi,

I have been living in Clongriffin for the past two years. I enjoy living in this area. Its quite a young neighbourhood, lots of people with families.

It is very safe at night. Yes you will have some teenagers hanging around but they will not bother you.

The dart station is great to have in the area.

Father Collins park is a huge benefit to the area. Its located right at the top of clongriffin.

There is a Centra, hairdressers, Chinese takeaway, chipper,very good off licence and a swimming pool in Clongriifin too. There also seems to be more and more shops opening.

Yes there seems to be a mosque going to be built in the area. From my point of view its a positive move. It will mean more life in the area and more development.

Plus you are also close to the M50 and the M1. You are also right beside the beach too

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ggmc

Thankyou Greenplain. That sounds very encouraging. Is there any negatives that you've noticed?

Reassuring to hear that it is very safe at night. Are there any drug problems? Like most areas in Dublin, and indeed Ireland, I expect there may be some, but I would be glad to hear of your experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭greenplain

Yes there are some negatives but pretty small. There can be alot of graffiti but this has improved since I have arrived.

On the main street in Clongriffin some of the un-let shops have had there windows broken through vandalism. The windows do get replaced its just not great to look at.

As for a drug problem, I have never encountered people selling or taking drugs openingly in Clongriffin. You do get teenagers drinking in the park at night when they are on their holidays.

hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5 formfakd

ggmc wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what Clongriffin area is like to live in? Safe at night etc.? Is much of it allocated to social housing? I am curious about the new houses on sale at Parkedge. I know there is a mosque to be developed there and a lot of amenities. Would you buy there? The prices look good.

We are thinking about buying a place at Parkedge. Dose someone have a more recent experience with living there. This post is form 2013 if I ma right.
    I think the park is great, and all area looks well planed, clean and neat. However, many people say it is a lonely place.

If there is someone living at Parkedge, I would appreciate so much if you could say how you feel about living there?

Also, is there any new information on the mosque in the area. Some people write posts ( not here) saying it might course segregation in the area. To my knowledge, other Islamic sites in Dublin did not have that fate so it is not that obvious to me that this one would be different. Anyway, i would like to hear opinion of the people living around the area.

Thanks!

Advertisement