Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Active Nursing Homes/Retirement Villages

Options
  • 02-07-2013 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Are there any nursing homes in Ireland where residents are stimulated and entertained, as opposed to just left sitting there?
    My grandmother has Parkinsons but is still sharp and far too young at heart for most nursing homes. Unfortunately, she needs assistance with basic tasks of living, is a very poor sleeper and is edging towards needing full time care.
    It doesn't matter where in Ireland this home is, the quality of their service is priority. Could anyone help with advice/recommendations?

Regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭morebarn2

I have a relative who lives in the Care Choice retirement village ,in Dungarvan, Co.Waterford. I would only be an occasional visitor, but when I do visit, I am always very happy with the feel of the place. They have a choice of lovely little bungalows, for people who are still fairly independent, but need some help, and then self contained apartments, and finally a fully fledged Nursing Home.

There are always activities going on. She lives reasonably independently in the apartments,can do most things for herself. But has the option of dining in the communal dining room if required. Staff keep a good check on her , and there is a really nice atmosphere about the place at all times. Lovely buildings and grounds also. Should her condition deteriorate, then the option is always available to have more staff assistance.

You can look up their website and it will give you more of an idea of what it is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

google hse nursing home list and they have an excel file of their approved nursing homes, might be a place to start looking

Advertisement