Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

error -1 in iTunes when attempting to restore

Options
  • 01-07-2013 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Do any of ye have a suggestion what I should do if I get error -1 in iTunes when attempting to restore an iPhone?

N.D.,
    Fi.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Is it jailbroken?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Is it jailbroken?

Hi,
    Ya I attempted to Jailbreak it but I would like to restore it to stock factory iOS, do you have any suggestions?

Thanks again,
    Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭guil

Google DFU and restore it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fidero

Hi Guil,
    Thanks once again for your reply but I tried that before & sadly the restore fails with the error message (I would imagine just before it completes).

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again,
    Fiachra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Are you definitely in DFU mode? iPhone has black screen but detected in iTunes?

Another option is to try restore mode, turn off iPhone, hold home button and plug in cable. Keep holding home button until connect to itunes comes up on screen.

Lastly try another computer/cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement